01 May 2006

today has been a pretty good day. it's about 3:30...i'm done with work and waiting for dave to pick me up when he's done at 4. so i'm just trying to enjoy my time until then. i am pretty much over being sick, just a little stuffy still. but meg, you are right! it was wonderful to have a solid 3 days of rest! i actually feel a bit refreshed despite being sick. i really didn't do much at all except stay home, curled up on the couch with a blanket and movies. it was nice. and it was completely justified!! but back to the daily grind...since i missed work sat. night, i work tuesday, my normal day off. but that's ok, i think it will be kindof nice. my normal days i am baking food in the kitchen and doing random odd jobs, but tuesday i will be behind the counter making drinks and i really like that part of the job. so it will be a bit relaxing i think. this picture is similar to what we do for lattes. it's called latte art. it's not mine, but i will say, it could be! i like the artistic part of the job. i'm always learning, always creating. it's more than just serving coffee. there's theories and philosophies behind everything we do. and i like becoming better. there's a finesse to being a barista. sometime i will have to write more about it, but david just called and it's time to go!

3 comments:

Eric said...

You DEFINITELY make the best tasting (and best looking) caramel latte on the planet. Everytime I have one at Starbucks or Dunn Bros. or wherever else I end up out here - I always think of yours and how much I miss Northern Light (I might be geographically located where I can now SEE the northern lights - but it's just not the same!). I'm glad you're feeling better - talk to you soon!

Laura Siegrist said...

thanks eric! i appreciate the compliment! we really try to do the best we can and not get stuck in less-than-the-best rut. i am feeling better! talk to you later

ashley said...

that coffee looks fabulous. i'm gonna have to go get some, having seen this picture...