
i think that he'll be a great dad. there's so much we both have to learn about, but he is very sensible and wise. he knows when to set boundaries and when to have fun. here are two pictures i captured lately. in this one, he is holding our new little cousin, will. this was taken before we found out i was pregnant. talk about a premonition! i love it.

and here is david playing hide and seek with my neice, emma-claire. sam, ashley and emma were here for the 4 of july. we had a blast!

he understands that i'm not as able to keep up with house cleaning as much as i used to. it gets done, just not as fast or quite as often. but he's ok with that. he washes dishes for me, grills dinner (not really a chore for him, i.e. his second post on his blog, go read it), runs to the store if i forgot something. all on top of working full time. he's been so tired lately. ever since that big tournament a few weeks ago, he's been trying to catch up with sleep. he's been working a bit more these 2 weeks as well. it's hard for both of us sometimes. he doesn't like coming home so tired and i don't like having a worn out husband all the time. but next week we'll have a little break. my parents are going to the shore for a few days and we are joining them we'll leave wednesday and come back friday. a little break, but much needed!
i honestly don't know what i'd do if something were to ever happen to dave. he is my best friend, my rock, my soulmate. i pray that God would give us a long life together. that we will see our grandchildren and great-grandchildren. i can't wait to see how he will change once this baby is born. i think he will fall in love all over again!


7 comments:
(Sorry, I accidentally posted before I meant to on the first one)
Anyway~
I absolutely love that pic of Dave and the baby...how cute!! OH--I wish we could be here when you guys have your little one!! Maybe we'll have to start saving so we can fly out to see you three. We are SO excited for you both and we appreciate your friendship very much. Okay, I need to go before I start to cry.
-CH
oh christa!!! you're so cute...thanks so much. we're looking forward to getting together tonight. one last time...it's so weird. hey, thanks for doing the dishes for me the other night. i was so surprised and thankful for that. it really helped me out alot. thanks again!
see you tonight!
laura
Well I was going to leave this post on Dave's blog but as I am not a team member I will post it for you to pass on to him. Congrats Laura!!!
Wow Dave, what an awesome way to view the environment in which you work. I think I need to start seeing my job as a mission field and not the thing that pays my bills and college debt. Thanks for the reminder and your openess. Congratulations to you and Laura!! JoyAnna
Hey Laura...wow, it was good to read all of your thoughts. Dave sounds like an amazing husband and partner for you. I can only imagine how special it is to have a baby with someone that you love so much! It will be great someday Lord willing!
Oh, and I wanted to mention that I have tried to comment on Dave's blog several times, and it says that I am not able to...does he need to add me first before I can comment?
hey meg...i thought we sorted that comment thing out. i'll check it again. keep trying!!
Do me a HUUUGE favor and get in touch with Janet, ask her for my Number or email and contact me...I really want to talk to you!!!
Post a Comment