22 March 2007

after surgery update

it's 5:50pEastern and Laura and Dave just called me with the update about surgery today--

Everything went really well, according to the doctor. One of his nurses told Dave and La that the doc is a meticulous man and worked hard to make sure the surgery was without flaw. They were just going in to see Arianna, who is on a ventilator for the next 24 hours, to prevent her heart from overworking. The next 3 days are critical, as they doctors will be watching to see how Arianna's new heart and body are working since the surgery.

Please pray for Dave and La, who are not able to hold Arianna. (They did get a good 1/2 hour each this morning to hold and rock her to sleep before the surgery!) They will remain in Danville, until Arianna is able to come home. The soonest they'll be able to access internet may be on Sunday. Please continue to pray for them and the journey ahead.

ashley wittmer

12 comments:

Tara said...

You don't know me, but we have some friends in common. Just wanted to let you know I'm praying for you both and for Arianna. She's beautiful.

--Tara Chapman

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear the surgery went well. Praying that the next days and weeks continue to go well!

PB & J said...

Laura, we are praying for both of you and especially the baby! May the Lord give you His strength during this time of healing. Love you!

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how thankful we are that the surgery was completed successfully, but we know that these next weeks will be crucial ones. Our thoughts and more importantly our prayers have been and will continue to be much with you three. Praying that His strength would gloriously uphold you in your weakness. Praying fervently...
We love you guys.

Matt & Christa

Anonymous said...

David and Laura,
We have sent up many prayers on behalf of your beautiful, sweet Arianna! We will continue to pray for her recovery. And for no permanent complications. And, of course, we are praying for her dear parents to have strength, patience and complete trust in God. We also have numerous friends praying for your precious little one. Numbers 6:24-26 "May the Lord bless you and keep you. May He make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you. May He turn His face toward you and give you peace."
Don, Charlotte, Elijah, Emily

Dawn said...

I came over from Jo's...love the photos of your sweet wee one.
Praying for you and little A in these days. I cannot imagine what you are going through, but know that the God of ALL comfort will sustain you and give you the strength to go through this...for His glory.

the brewers said...

Laura,

I found your blog from Rachel Brewer's blog (I am her sister-in-law). Your baby girl is beautiful! I am 35 weeks pregnant with our first, a girl, and truly understand the love you have for the miracle He has provided. I just wanted to let you know that you and your family are in my prayers and I trust that God will provide you with strength and comfort.

Jodi Brewer

Anonymous said...

congratulations on your daughter, she is absolutely beautiful. I'm friends with Julie M. and she was telling me about the surgery & everything that's going on. I'm praying for you both and Arianna.

Anonymous said...

Holding you and your "family" in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping to see you this week so I can hug you again! (janet)

Anonymous said...

I will keep her in my prayers. You have some amazing photos!!!

Anonymous said...

A friend of Joanna Nunemaker: I don't know you, but wanted you to know I AM FERVANTLY PRAYING for your whole family right now that God would HEAL Arianna perfectly, and that most of all God would be GLORIFIED through this AMAZING story He is writing into your life.

Rachel said...

I am still praying for you guys and little Arianna. Let the Lord carry you through this time. His shoulders are strong enough to bear the burden when your shoulders are not.