12 May 2006

vacation days with joe and ash

these past 2 days have been a blast! dave and i drove to Williamsport, PA to spend wed. night, thurs, and today with our best friends, joe and ash. ash's parents live here in williamsport, and they had a week vacation with them. we have not seen each other since last september when we went on our beach vacation in NJ. so it was a much needed visit! berry drove down thursday morning while we slept in. bummed around for a while, and then eventually went out to A.C. Moore and then to see MI:III, which was a great movie by the way. came back home where we took naps and then went to eat at an awesome italian deli with steve and dottie (ash's parents) and then to the trout run roller skating rink! yes...we went to the golden oldies skating night! what a riot! we had so much fun, although i had a difficult start. i'm so used to ice skating, that going on 4 wheels with no toe pick totally threw me off! but i managed to get the hang of it. we got tired and came back home and just hung out watching t.v. and playing video games. today, we slept in, had coffee and ash worked on painting some menu boards for the cafe. after a pancake breakfast, dottie, ash and i went out for some girl time. we walked around downtown williamsport and stopped in some jewelry and art stores. some of the things these local artists create are just amazing! we stopped by an italian bakery where ash used to work and picked up some cannoli's and had some coconut gelati and then to another new coffee shop for coffee. it was so nice to have good old-fashioned girl time. we felt so relaxed and refreshed.
right now, ash is outside cutting dave's hair. i don't want to watch. i like it long, but they've decided to buzz it. i'm cringing as i write this! i'm afraid of what it will turn out as! but, it can always grow back! well, that pretty much summed it up. we're going to be leaving here in a few hours, so i need to go get packed up. have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Matt and Alicia DeWever said...

It's so great to hear about your times with the gang! I can just picture you all laughing as you fly around the roller rink together. And the morning of just girl time sounds fab, and yes, very rejuvenating!
It's a rainy, dark Saturday here at the office, and I'm aching for some time to work out a creative mood.
Keep on having fun!
~Alicia

Meg said...

Hey Lar,

Wow, sounds like such a great relaxing time! :) I miss hanging out with you guys.

Love ya,
Meg

ashley said...

so how's the haircut lookin?? how about some pictures on this blog of yours???

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura! I just thought I would note that I visted your blog for the first time. I am brand new to this; I will have to add a photo to my profile, or whatever.
Well, Matt and I will see you and Dave tomorrow night! Fun fun...

Christa