22 August 2006
today
our little vacation was great! much needed. way too short. we went to the ocean both days and enjoyed the waves and the fresh air. there was alot of time for just plain old rest and relaxation. i could go to the beach every day and never get tired. today was a nice day as well. dave had off, which a rarity for tuesdays, so we slept in and dave made french toast for us for breakfast!! sooo good! then we went out to do some shopping and spent alot more than we expected, but it was worth it. we needed to get some closet shelves for our hall closet because it was in desperate need of reorganization. but we needed a drill to put them in. we've needed a drill alot. we'll need it in the future. so...we looked at the choices and decided that we'd spend the $80 plus the $17 for the drill bits and just get it. i'm so glad!!! dave put up all the shelves tonight and now it's time to reorganize! i love the feeling of making something clean and organized. anyway, so we had 3 full meals together today. when does that ever happen?! we enjoyed being together, especially since dave is going to have to work open-close thurs., fri. and sat. that's about 14 hrs. a day. pray for him! he's going to be exhausted. he works so hard. he makes me proud! well, it is time to go fill my new shelves! have a great night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
How FUN! I love organizing TOO! :) Sounds like you guys got to have some good quality time together!...$80 for a drill?? WOW, tools are expensive! :(
Hi Laura!!
Yeah, Matt and I went to the IKEA in San Diego last night and actually got quite a lot of stuff for a decent price, though we did spend more than we originally expected to I think. I had a coupon though, so that helped. I am enjoying organizing our new apartment; I wish we could invite you over for a game of SEQUENCE tonight! = (
I'm glad to hear you had a nice time at the beach!
Laura! Thanks for visiting my xanga and posting! I have just sat and read through your blogs! First- OH MY WORD_- congratulations on the the pregnancy thing! You must be a cute little pregnant woman! SECOND- I have only 4 more months here in Brazil- crazy, huh? yup the 2 year mission trip flew by.. anyhow.I am heading back to PA most likely - sometime in 2007.. I look forward to seeing you again. To be honest, I miss Northern Lights, too! Well, I must get back to work now.. keep me posted, though! Love you and miss you!
Cynth
Hi Laura!
Yes I do remember you. We had lots of fun that night!
I have read through you blog and congrats on the pregnancy. I'm currently 35 weeks pregnant and I am anxiously awaiting our little girl, Emma Grace. Stay strong! Pregnancy can be fun, but it can also be so tiring and long!!! Just remember the light at the end of the tunnel! Good Luck! And if you ever have any pregnancy question, feel free to ask!
oh my word!! congrats laura!! that's amazing that you're having a baby!! :) how are you!!
Post a Comment