i just wanted to put a quick post up before i go to bed. i was able to go down to see arianna today. my friends, sarah and joanna, took me down. joanna is the one who has been putting all the pictures up on my photobucket. we have been so grateful to have them to look at when we miss her. today i was able to bottle feed her, as you can see from the picture. it was the first time holding her since the surgery last thursday as well. she couldn't get enough of it! she loves to be held! she just laid in my arms and stared at me. she started getting sleepy, but she was fighting it. i think she was so satisfied to be held by her mommy that she didn't want to sleep.
the dr. told me that she should be able to come home sometime between saturday and monday!!! we are so excited! tomorrow i will go down for the day and dave will drive down to meet me in the evening. we'll spend a few hours with her and then go home. i am not going to be staying down there as of now. i could if i wanted to, but right now i just need to rest at home a bit more. i have not been able to rest enough since the delivery and need some more time to catch up. i will try to post tomorrow if there is any new news.
goodnight!



11 comments:
that's so awesome laura! praise God! I bet getting to hold her was the best feeling. I can see the way God has been working through both of your lives, i love your posts, and how open they are and Dave's post was so awesome to read.
May the Lord Bless you and Keep you.
It's Jo's blog friend again..
I breathed a big sigh when I saw the photo of you and the sweet little one.
God is good! He is worthy to be praised!!
praise the Lord, laura!!! i'm so excited to hear that things are going so well. i can't wait to get my hands on her!! xoxo see you in a couple days!
that is so exciting! i'm glad you finally got to hold your little girl! it sounds like everything's going well! hopefully she'll be home with you this weekend! i'm still prayin'!
Hi, Laura. I'm not sure if I've actually every met you...maybe once at TLC. I worked with David at camp. Anyway...I just wanted to let you know Matt (my husband) and I are praying for you, David, and your precious daughter. Praise the Lord for His provision and healing hand. God is good!
Laura, We do not know each other, but I am friends with Matt & Christa Haeck and found your blog from their's. My husband is Chuck Johnson who went to BBC. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you how encouraged I have been by your blog posts about your daughter and your faith in Christ. You, your husband David and your daughter Arianna were in my prayers during the surgery and even now. I too am pregnant right now and am due May 7th. I can only hope my faith will be as strong as your's and David's has been these last few weeks.
Thank you for your faithfulness to our Lord.
we are strangers, but I check in on Joanna's xanga site. Your baby is beautiful and breathtaking. I am praying for her, her parents, and her doctors every day. I know the Lord is holding your family in his strong strong hands!
I am so happy your baby is doing well ~ prayed for you all.
ah, Laura. How GREAT IS OUR GOD! My heart is overwhelmed with Praise to Him for the good news that little Arianna will soon be home with you and that you were able to hold her close today. I will continue to lift you up in prayer and for David too. I know it must be hard for him to be separated from his newborn daughter, but soon she will be home to see him every day and claim her place as a Daddy's girl (I'm remembering telling David that he would have to show his first born off at the golf course when the baby is born. How much more that will mean now, after all she has been through! We'll have to find a little golfer's shirt and visor for her to wear for her first visit!) LOL
The day we met our second daughter (through the miracle of adoption) for the first time she, too, was attached to many wires and monitors. We were told that we could not hold her or even stroke her skin without increasing the pain she was feeling. Much later, we learned that at that time the doctors' prognosis for her was that she would either die or exist in a vegetative state ... but almost five years later, I can tell you that she is the most beautiful, intelligent, strong-willed little girl you'd ever want to meet. GOD is still a GOD of miracles ... and I am so thankful for yours. GOD bless! -Stephanie
OK LA--YOU HAVE to make these for Arianna!!!
http://www.crochetme.com/abominable-baby-slippers
Post a Comment