a quick update before i hit the sack. arianna is off of everything except oxygen, which she will be taken off tomorrow. no more I.V.'s! the only thing keeping her there is a little problem that the dr.'s are trying to figure out. she has a calcium deficiency and they don't know why. they have ruled out some of the more serious issues, and it really could something as simple as a vitamin D deficiency. we are waiting the lab results from the blood they took today. it might be in tomorrow, but they are saying it might be until monday. however, if they figure it out right away, she could be ready to come home tomorrow! although that is great news, we're hoping for sunday because dave is back at work at the country club, and since he is in charge, he cannot get off. sunday is his day off. he works until late saturday and won't be able to get down to danville until after 10 pm. the other good news is that they are finally letting me breastfeed her. i am relieved as i firmly believe this is the best thing for her. because of that, i will be staying down there for sure sat. night and if she stays until monday, i will stay too. my best friend, ashley's parents offered to buy a night at the hotel next to the hospital for us, so we will stay there sat. night. sunday night there is a room in the NICU where i can stay will arianna all night.
so that is the plan. things may change tomorrow but we'll just wait and see. thank you SO much for all of your prayers. even people i don't know are commenting on my posts and praying for us. thank you...it has been so encouraging. you can continue to pray that they will figure this out quickly, and that sunday will be the day to take her home. it is the best day for dave's work schedule. i will let you know what happens!



6 comments:
I just read Joanna's blog and I'm sitting here in tears...I can't imagine what this has been like for you. I will be praying for you. And way to go with the breastfeeding!! I can appreciate all of the work you have been doing to make that happen. You are a wonder-woman!!!
Rachel :)
WOW Laura! I love the pictures, and I am so excited that you have been able to get over to Danville! So Sunday huh? that would be so great. I am very glad that you have been able to feed her, and that she is now off almost everything. Praise the LORD!
I can't wait to see you and your little pricess (and i guess Dave too ;) )
Elisa
Laura, I'm one of those "people you don't know" who have been praying for Arianna. I have been so impressed by your faith throughout this ordeal. I am the mom of a special needs little boy. We are heading to a children's hospital on this next Tuesday to have tests for seizures. My son has epilepsy, but the seizures are out of control right now. We're trying to find out why. I am so grateful that people are reaching out to you emotionally and financially during this time, as they do with us as well. How would we make it without our circle of friends who know are God and who act as His hands and feet? Praise the Lord for them. Praying much for Arianna's continues healing. Alesha
Hey Laura! I am praying for you guys. I am glad you are giving updates so I can just checkin and see whats happening. I am sure you guys are SO ready to have your little girl home with you and get into a normal routine. And thats great that you are now able to breast feed her and experience that!
Love you guys!
friend of Joanna: I feel so blessed that you would share that picture of Arianna and you. Her eyes are so smitten by you that I've got a lump in my throat even writing this. I've been keeping up with all your updates and pray for you and your family every day. . . every time you cross my mind. Today I heard the heartbeat of a 14 week old baby in my belly, and I sit thinking of Arianna's heartbeat, that God would let it continue to beat strong, that she would grow up to live a long life that bears a testimony of God's goodness, of his mercy, and of his unfathomable craftmenship. The story He is writing you is simply amazing. Thank you for letting people like me hang around for it.
I heard last night that they are saying Wednesday now?! Laura I am so sorry, I will continue to pray.
Give beautiful little Ari a kiss from me.
Post a Comment