20 October 2006

Ultrasound

dave and i went for my first ultrasound yesterday. it was amazing! i wanted to stay all day and watch him move around. you could see the little feet moving and kicking...it was so cute! we told the technician that we didn't want to know what the sex was, so she stayed away from 'that part'. dave asked her later if she had seen and knew. she said yes. thankfully we didn't catch it! i am more excited about waiting to find out. she took measurements of the head and the arms and legs and said that everything is normal. he is 9 oz., just the right size for how far along i am. she looked at his kidneys and heart. that was very cool! you could see all 4 chambers in the heart beating. i should've asked for a picture of the heart. i was in awe! next time i will. anyway, here are some of the pictures...

this is his/her profile, you can see the little nose and lips

here is the little hand, you can see all of the fingers

here is the foot. it's a little hard to see the toes though


and here is a thumbs up, letting us know all is well in there!

12 comments:

Cynthia said...

AWE.. HOW fun Laura! I am excited for you! I am not sure yet about the chicago trip.. but it might be worth looking into- we'll see. Anyways- congrats!

Full of JOY said...

oh laura!! these are are truly amazing. the power of God and Him creating just astounds me. these pictures are adorable...and they're a testimony to our Almighty Father.

it's so fun that you're not finding out what the baby is...

Brewer said...

I can't wait for the day when we can have ultra-sound machines at home. I don't think we'll ever get anything done.
It is so amazing to see that life moving and thriving inside you!!
Little Who looks great!
Congratulations on a great ultrasound. :) (that's the best in-utero profile shot i've ever seen!)

Eric said...

Truly amazing my friend! I'm pumped that things are progressing well with you guys! I promise I'll email soon with some pictures and such for you. Also, I'll be in 'town' in about 3 weeks for some Consumed stuff - so I'll be sure to see you and chat!

Cynthia said...

Laura, YEAH.. I am planning on visiting PA sometime in Feb- but even better yet, planning on moving out there to study in the fall of 07! So, we will DEF. keep in touch!

David said...

As the father of this child I expect you all to visit my blog too. I have never got 7 comments on any of my stuff. The kid will grow up thinking that his father is a loser since nobody comments on his blog!!!!!

David said...

I am "musing with david" in Laura's links. I expect your comments promptly.

David said...

I don't think I have 9 comments total on my blog for all of my posts combined, but I am not bitter. Thats alright I love my wife more than myself too.

David said...

Let's make it ten.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mama! = )

HAHA...I just read Dave's 20 comments to this post and had to laugh..I will be sure to visit your blog after this only if you visit mine...I too live in the blog shaped shadow of my spouse!

Laura (and Dave), those pictures are amazing! What an amazing thing, I'm sure, to see and feel this new life being "knit together" in your womb--handiwork of our awesome Creator.

Matt and I were sitting around about two nights ago and he was like, "Man, it would be a great night to have Dave and Laura over." Sad... : ( We miss you two! We have definitely not found anyone to replace you!
= )

ashley said...

SOOO amazing. i'm gonna have to frame a few of those.

oh and i was thinking that if it's a girl you should name her Viola after by great-grandmother. i would appreciate that.

Matt and Alicia DeWever said...

Ash,
I love your new face pic... makes me smile :) I have a friend over here in NH who's prego as well. They are leaving the sex a mystery, and call their little one Olive or Oliver, as that is about the size of him/her at this point. How sweet is that? I also think Oliver is a fab name choice, but Olive is yucky.
~Alicia
P.S. Dave, I will visit your blog too.